We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications Analyst based at our office in Larbert with occasional travel to other European locations when required. The successful applicant will support and manage the Server Infrastructure whilst also participating in ad-hoc project work.
It is expected that you Must be able to adapt quickly to new situations and provide valuable input to solving technical problems while remaining up to date with new developments in Network, Security, Communications System technology and Applications, to further and improve the success of the business.
We are looking for you to have in depth experience in the use with Citrix Netscaler and Citrix XenApp 6.5 administration. Manage and maintain Active Directory. Proactive in Group Policy to ensure that system security and user access requirements are met ensuring data access is restricted to authorised users only, in addition to ensuring that the integrity of the business confidential data is maintained.
It is beneficial to have a high technical understanding of computers, networks and communication systems with experience of administering a Windows 2008/12/16 client server environment.
Qualifications in HNC/HND in a Computer/Electronic related discipline with at least 5 years’ experience in an IT support environment is a further advantage.
Desirable / Other
- VMware administration (VMWare qualification desirable)
- Cloud technologies: Azure & Office365
- Commvault backup management
- Use technical knowledge, experience and skills to provide escalation for the Helpdesk.
- Log, manage and resolve tasks using the WebHelpDesk software to the agreed timescales and internal Service Level Agreements and communicate to the users so that they are informed of progress.
- Produce / Maintain documentation for procedures, policies or processes (User Guides etc.) as required.
- Thin Client management (Wyse).
- Assist in the maintenance and production of hardware and software inventories.
- Ensure users adhere to current company email, Information security and acceptable use policies.
- Manage internal server vulnerabilities ensuring patches or fixes are applied as appropriate.
- Liaise with support companies to ensure key operational equipment is serviced and maintained
- HP storage and backup solutions (StoreOnce, 3PAR, EVA)
Benefits also provided by Certas include discount schemes, pension scheme and holiday buy and sell options. This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience and grow within the UKs largest independent retailer of fuels and lubricants.
We work as one team, making our energy expertise and outstanding service count for all our customers.
We employ 2,300 colleagues based across our depots around the UK from the highlands of Scotland to the Channel Islands. We recruit sales people to sell our fuel, oils and lubricants as well as drivers to deliver the products to our customers who may be individual home owners, farmers, small or large businesses! Also essential to our business are our management teams and colleagues within, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Health and Safety and Legal. In addition, we have a dedicated team of service engineers who work within Team Energy. Key to our success are our people and our learning and development team ensure we can nurture our talent and support colleagues with their aspirations and growth through programmes such as Inspire, our WOW training courses and apprenticeships.
It’s also worth noting we are part of the wider DCC PLC group which is a FTSE 100 company. Being part of the group gives our colleagues opportunities to work alongside other businesses to share best practice and develop into roles across the businesses in the group.
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer