We currently have an opportunity for a Commercial Paralegal to join us at our Warrington head office.
As a Commercial Paralegal at Certas Energy you’ll have access to:
- A competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Career progression and development opportunities in one of the UKs largest fuel distributors
- Pension scheme
As a market leading supplier and many years in the field, we are extremely proud of our heritage within the Fuel and Lubricants industry and are looking for a Commercial Paralegal to join us in a newly created role at our Warrington head office.
This role will involve work with commercial contracts, including drafting and negotiating simple documents and providing practical advice to the wider business.
You will need to manage a busy workload, be able to communicate and present legal and commercial matters clearly and concisely and work well as part of a team. Certas Energy is a fast-paced business and there is an expectation you will be able to work independently, although significant guidance will be given from the Head of Legal and further support will be available from the DCC Group legal function as necessary.
Travel to other sites across the country will be required on occassion as part of this role.
Are you a Certas Energy Commercial Paralegal? We’re looking for:
- Sound practical knowledge of MS Office, primarily Word and Excel
- Able to take direction, whilst being proactive and capable of working under their own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Logical ability to solve problems whilst retaining sight of the bigger commercial picture
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Law degree (or alternative degree plus GDL) at grade 2i or higher
- Complete LPC certificate
- Willingness to undertake further professional development as part of the role
We employ 2,500 colleagues based across our depots around the UK from the highlands of Scotland to the Channel Islands. We recruit sales people to sell our fuel, oils and lubricants as well as drivers to deliver the products to our customers who may be individual home owners, farmers, small or large businesses! Also essential to our business are our management teams and colleagues within, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Health and Safety and Legal. In addition, we have a dedicated team of service engineers who work within Team Energy. Key to our success are our people and our learning and development team ensure we can nurture our talent and support colleagues with their aspirations and growth through programmes such as Inspire, our WOW training courses and apprenticeships.
It’s also worth noting we are part of the wider DCC PLC group which is a FTSE 100 company. Being part of the group gives our colleagues opportunities to work alongside other businesses to share best practice and develop into roles across the businesses in the group.
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted