HEATING ENGINEER – (York)
Are you looking to start a new career and develop new skills? Have you recently left education and are looking to start your career in an engineering role?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Heating Engineer working in the (York) area.
Benefits for this role include:
· An apprenticeship
· Competitive salary
· Full training and support
· Company van
· Qualifications, including OFTEC certificate
We are ideally looking for a candidate with experience or a qualification in plumbing / heating. However, full training will be provided to enable our Heating Service Engineers to service, maintain and repair oil fired boilers and systems in accordance with recognised standards.
Certas Energy is the largest independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK. Employing in excess of 2500 people, we have locations spread across the mainland, the Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight.
Responsibilities as a Heating Engineer:
· To undertake Service / Breakdown visits.
· To maintain Oil Fired Boilers & Systems in accordance with recognised standards and company procedures.
· To attend Service Calls as per work schedule covered by contractual agreements, manufacturer’s instructions and current regulations & requirements.
· To maintain Oil Fired Boilers & Heating Systems.
· To respond to Breakdown & Emergency calls promptly to investigate faults, carry out remedial work and to ensure that Boilers and Systems are tested, operational and safe.
· To advise customers on the correct and safe use of their appliance and system..
Application requirements for a Heating Engineer:
· Full Driving Licence
· A qualification in a plumbing or heating is desirable
· Self Motivated and reliable
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer