We are Certas Energy. We are the largest independent fuel and lubricants distributor in the UK.
From domestic consumers to multinational corporations, our customers trust us to supply them with the highest quality products at consistently competitive prices. They count on our friendly and knowledgeable advisors.
They rely on our dependable and expansive depot network and fleet of tankers to reach every corner of the UK, delivering essential fuel, lubricants and complimentary products time and again.
We currently have a vacancy for an Area Sales Manager to join the team at our Coleshill Office. The successful candidate will be required to manage, develop, lead and motivate a team of Business Account Managers and a Team Manager within the trading area to maximise sustainable and profitable sales performance.
• Regularly review Business Account Managers portfolios ensuring that accounts and workload are evenly spread across the team and region; ensuring sufficient time is allocated to new business growth and development of existing accounts.
• Manage a small number of own accounts, leading by example and demonstrated sales best practice.
• Implement strategies to manage and grow the business.
• Support the identification and pursue new business development opportunities; actively seeking new customers to complement current business mix.
• Negotiate contract terms in line with commercial propositions for new & existing customers in conjunction with the Supply department as required.
• Lead Customer Service Excellence, initiating corrective action where appropriate.
• Take ownership of the process, management and outcome of major customer complaints.
• Maintain Daily awareness of market conditions and competitor activity.
• Agree, monitor and challenge performance targets for your team.
• Monitor customer contact by whatever medium including call management to improve quality, and track operative/individual performance.
• Liaise with the marketing team to promote sales.
• Review and monitor sales and associated processes to ensure optimum efficiencies.
• Hold daily buzz sessions with the team, covering performance against target, focus for the day and any specific issues and or actions.
• Motivate and develop the team, ensuring all team members have the required skills to do their jobs effectively whilst identifying & developing key individuals for future progression (succession planning).
• Ensure field based coaching takes place.
• Analyse team members’ individual performances, ensuring correct reporting and take appropriate corrective actions to meet KPIs.
• Ensure all team members comply with company processes including daily / weekly / monthly priority tasks.
• Ensure customer complaints are resolved and closed out according to company policies and procedure.
• Develop and manage relationships with key accounts within the customer base.
• Handle complex customer complaints or enquiries.
• Lead by example with regards to customer service.
Experience & Knowledge
• Proven sales experience in a B2B market
• Strong negotiation skills
• High degree of self-motivation and time management
• Resilient, persistent and tenacious
• Target driven / results orientated
• Able to influence
• Can objection handle well
• Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise
• Good listening skills
• Experience of managing / leading a team is essential
• Able to motivate a team to drive for required results
• Excellent presentation skills
• Company car
• Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Holiday Buy & Sell Scheme
• Vodafone Discounts
• Lubricants Discounts
• Kids Pass Discount (50% off attractions)
• Aspire Private Sales (up to 70% off retail prices)
We work as one team, making our energy expertise and outstanding service count for all our customers.