Rigid Tanker Driver
We are recruiting for a Class 2 Rigid Tanker Driver at our Bodmin depot, on a 6 month fixed term contract.
In return we are offering a competitive salary plus paid overtime to all our Class 2 tanker drivers and an employee benefit scheme.
Certas Energy is the largest independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK. Employing in excess of 2500 people, we have locations spread across the mainland, the Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight
- To deliver fuel and/or oil to our customers
- To be fully compliant with all the Certas operational procedures
- To fully understand the products and services sold by the team on-site
- Responsibility should be taken for loading and discharging in a sensible manner
- To operate the Tanker vehicle and depot equipment as per Certas Energy requirements
- Checking the Tanker vehicle’s roadworthiness before setting off using the daily vehicle checklist
- To fully be conversant with all the Tanker vehicles operations on site
Essential Criteria: In order to apply you must have:
- HGV Experience
- Full ADR licence - class 3 in tanks only required
- Class C / Class C+E
- Digital tacho card is mandatory
- Good communication skills
- Numerical and logical reasoning skills are fundamental
- Health & Safety Knowledge is desirable
It is preferable but not essential that you have:
- Experience delivering fuel or other bulk/hazardous material
- Previous experience in a similar role in the fuel industry is an advantage
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer