Depot Operations Supervisor
We currently have a vacancy for a Depot Operations Supervisor working from our depot. The successful applicant will control the depot operations effectively optimising driver productivity whilst adhering to HSE and other legal requirements. In return we offer a competitive salary and the following benefits: pension scheme, holiday buy & sell scheme, Vodafone discounts, lubricants discounts, kids pass discount (50% off attractions).
• To manage, challenge and ultimately drive down operational costs by ensuring best practices are adopted and followed; including management of depot drivers and efficient operation of trucks
• Manage the analysis, process and follow up on inconsistencies identified through the routing system
• Local scheduling of servicing and maintenance in liaison with the Transport Department
• Forward plan truck and driver availability for routing team
• Manage depot stocks
• Coordinate depot audits and external agency visits - VOSA, FTA, HSE & EA.
• Ensure vehicles are available and operating effectively, and availability is accurately reported
• Administer operating costs / budget frameworks and monitor / report the performance of all operations (depot & transport) against the budget established and key performance indicators.
• To log and provide an effective response and resolution to customer enquiries and requests for information; these may include but are not limited too the following: - product availability, delivery date and time availability, order and delivery status, product and technical information
• To administer the drivers payroll on the system, including justification of all claimed hours, and ensuring optimum use of working time directive hours.
• All Knowledge of / previous work within the fuel distribution industry is desirable
• Knowledge of EU driving hours / WTD is a necessity
• Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise
• Good listening skills
• Excellent communicator
• High degree of self-motivation
• Resilient, persistent and tenacious
• Can do, will do attitude
• HSE qualifications are an advantage
• Ability to manage change effectively is essential
• Experience of conducting appraisals / performance management is desirable.
Previous experience in a similar role in the fuel industry is an advantage
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer