Jun 2, 2017
Closing Date :
Jun 30, 2017
This is a new role within the finance team based in Larbert, Scotland. The role has been created to strengthen the support given to the business in the management of a fixed asset register with a book value in excess of £100 million. Main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Maintenance of the companies asset register, reviewing and booking all additions and disposals
- Monthly reconciliation of the fixed asset module to the nominal ledger
- Monthly review of assets in progress
- Point of contact for the business and for external auditors on fixed asset related queries
- Providing input on and supporting systems improvements to the existing fixed asset module
- Support in the preparation of business cases for presentation to the companies CAPEX committee
- Accurate budgeting and forecasting on depreciation costs
In addition there will be a requirement to support other financial accounting and company secretarial tasks as well as any projects when required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant looking for a business facing role in a dynamic organisation where they can quickly make a difference. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- A strong technical knowledge to be able to give best advice on policies around the treatment of acquisitions and disposals
- A good attention to detail and a commitment to ensuring the accuracy of reported numbers
- The flexibility needed to manage day to day tasks while delivering on various projects
- An ability to take the initiative in identifying opportunities for and implementing improvements to existing processes and procedures
- Excellent communication and analytical skills that make them a credible business partner
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Reference Number :