SQL / Qlikview Developer
Jul 10, 2017
Closing Date :
Aug 4, 2017
Job Title: SQL/Qlikview Developer
Reports to: Head of Business Intelligence
- Primary responsibilities will surround the design, development, administration and support of SQL Databases and Qlikview applications.
- Use QlikView to design and develop insightful dashboards that provide business critical information to the users.
- Write SQL queries to extract data from disparate sources using ETL tools.
- Write complex data models and migration of one system to SQL based platform.
- Perform technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis to fix defects.
- Design appropriate technical solutions based on the collated requirements and present to the business owner.
- Build ETL (extract, transform, and load) processes to load data from multiple sources into QlikView applications.
- Design best practise for data management procedures.
- Perform data analysis to identify data patterns and discrepancies.
- Design and maintain database objects including tables, views, indexes, constraints, stored procedures and user defined functions.
- SQL, Data Modelling, ETL, SSIS, QlikView, Scribe Workbench, Java
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience developing and architecting SQL Server solutions in an enterprise environment (incl. SQL Stack)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience developing and architecting QlikView solutions in a large enterprise environment (v11.x)
- Expert knowledge of Qlikview scripting, data source integration and application development.
- Knowledge of Java development would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Scribe Workbench and familiarity with the Intersystem Cache platform would be useful.
- Experience dealing with large data volumes.
- NPrinting experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of business analysis, principles, processes, and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to liaise with all levels of users to identify requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of either the sales, marketing, finance or logistics functional areas.
- Good knowledge of the oil/fuel distribution industry would be helpful.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Able to pick up new data tools/concepts quickly.
- Based in Larbert with frequent travel to other UK locations when required.
- Being able to work as part of a team or alone in a professional, responsive and effective manner.
- Comfortable personal style that will allow themselves to be welcomed into many non-technical functional areas, whilst maintaining and gaining respect for their technical abilities.
- It is also essential to build appropriate relationships with “Super Users” within each functional area of the business.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered and prioritise work according to business needs.
- Confidence in presenting sales and statistical information in a variety of mediums to internal customers.
- Capacity to work alone and unsupervised and prioritise work according to business needs.
- Ability to cope with the pressures of short deadlines, last minute requests and competing demands.
- Willingness to help and train others.
- Passionate for excellence in his/her work.
Certas Energy UK Ltd. job descriptions are issued as a guide to the jobholder and may be changed at the discretion of the responsible manager, to accommodate changing circumstances and business needs…01/06/17
Job Reference Number :