Nov 28, 2017
Closing Date :
Dec 19, 2017
Transport Planner - Ellesmere Port
We currently have a vacancy for a Transport Planner working for our Ellesmere Port depot. Responsible for the routing of rigid trucks as directed by the Area Operations Manager, with day-to-day liaison with the depot operations and sales teams at the allocated depots within the region. They are responsible for routing volume whilst optimising the utilisation and costs.
- To manage the routing operational activity of vehicles in close liaison with the Regional Operations Manager.
- To be aware of the regional geographical area in which they are routing.
- To understand the working time directive.
- Reconcile daily deliveries against plan and optimise at all times
- Responsible for maintaining and updating static master data on logistical routing tool
- Responsible for updating and maintaining current truck and driver availability on it system
- As part of routing team, needs to ensure adherence and compliance to HSEQ policies throughout the region
- Liaise with Ops, drivers, sales and depots as required re. delivery issues, LOB’s etc.
- Need to liaise with Ops Managers to schedule truck servicing against a regional plan.
- Maintains clear and effective lines of communication with the rest of the business to the advantage of both internal and external customers and the business as a whole
- Achieve all assigned transport KPI’s - liaising with Ops personnel (i.e. Regional Operations Managers, Regional Operations Support Managers, HSE team etc.) to achieve this.
- Focus on ensuring the actual v planned volumes, KM’s, and driver hours achieve budget / target
- Operate within transport cost budgets for the region month on month, year on year
- Communicate with internal departments on a regular basis ensuring the desired levels of customer service are met
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of / previous work within the fuel distribution industry is desirable
- Knowledge of EU driving hours / WTD is an advantage
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Good listening skills
- Excellent communicator
- High degree of self-motivation
- Resilient, persistent and tenacious
- Ability to manage change effectively is essential.
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Reference Number :